Jun 3, 2005
Lowes--The Aftermath

I am still wondering what the hell happened last week at Lowes. It felt like the race would never end. I mean come on guys 5 1/2 hours and 22 caution flags (NASCAR record for any race). First things first, Jimmie did win his 3rd 600 in a row, but I would have enjoyed much more if Bobby Labonte would have been able to hang on right there at the end to win. It would have been great to see an ol' Texas boy win one especially with the way things have been going for him. He seemed very disappointed about his 2nd place finish. Nobody likes to finish in 2nd, come on Bobby--you survived the melee of Lowes and so did your car--you did a great job!

I am sick and tired of Brian Vickers or Brian "Wreckers" as he was affectionately called in the Power Rankings this week on NASCAR.com. This is the first time he has bumped into another a car and caused a major wreck and for some reason (call me crazy) it probably won't be the last time either. He took out Mark Martin and his own teammate Jeff Gordon.

Speaking of taking out teammates--what is up with DEI???? Come on Dale Jr. you don't run into your teammate like you did. I would have come out slugging if I were your teammate and you crashed into my car and eliminated me from a race. And poor Matt Kenseth was just an innocent bystander. I think you should leave DEI and go with an owner that has no family ties. (I hear Jack Roush will have any opening next year or why not seek out Richard Childress--seemed to work for your father.) I love my family, but I wouldn't want to work with them. I have never jumped on the #8 band wagon, but I do think Jr is a good driver and has a lot of potential, but I just don't think he is in the right organization. I know he lives under a microscope because he is Dale Sr's son and the amount of pressure is something I wouldn't want to live under, but I think he needs to step back and look at things.

And poor Jeff Gordon--first he has a horrible experience at Wrigley Field (that's right Wrigley Field..not Wrigley Stadium) and then the track attacks his car. Plus it was his fourth DNF this year--but look on the bright side--he is still in the top ten.

Mr. Edwards meet Mr. Jarrett. What would have happened to Mr. Edwards car if Mr. Jarrett had been driving the truck???

Watched the final episode of the Michael Waltrip Tourney on Speed last night. Was there any doubt that Tony would lose? I did make one observation about Tony..he was very anal with his chips. The stacks were even height and towards the end he had them arranged so they made some pyramid design. I think Elliot and Tony share the same grooming tips!

The commentators kept talking about the fact that Elliot "cleaned up" for the final game. It was getting a little annoying guys. I think Elliot looks fine to me. I wouldn't kick him out of bed. And I just lovvvveeee his accent.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

If they have this tourney again they need to find better commentators. Maybe they should get those guys from Bravo's Celebrity Poker Show--at least they can be entertaining at times.

Now to this week--Dover!

Last year Mark Martin won the race after Kasey spun out in some oil. It would be nice to see ol' Mark win. He has been having a good year.

Good luck boys--hopefully this week you will actually get to do some racing without a hint of yellow in the air.



footer2.JPG