Jul 6, 2005
Daytona-Part II
I was reminded yesterday by that person (and once again you know who you are) that I failed to mention any of the other events that happened at Daytona. So here ya go!

Mark Martin (your driver) was knocked out early on. Jeff Gordon was signaling to the driver behind him that he was going to pit. He gave the wave to Jamie McMurray. I am assuming that Jamie saw it, however Scott Riggs wasn't able to whoa up in time. This caused Mark Martin to swerve to try and avoid him and thus meeting the Daytona wall and well...you know the rest. I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I was waiting for that person (mentioned earlier) to say it was my driver's fault that Mark ended up like he did, but he didn't blame him. Jeff did what he was supposed to do. I think deep, deep down he really likes Jeff, but he just doesn't want to admit it.

Speaking of Jeff, it seemed you were not happy that you were back in under that 400 point range after the race. I know the top ten is what you are looking for, but it's a start. Baby steps--baby steps--hey, look at it this way, you have a better shot at making the chase than Dale Jr.

Dale Jr. did have a good race. I think it helped his confidence, but I just don't know if he has enough time to dig himself out of the hole. He needs for both Biffle and Johnson to have a bad day at the races on the same day. It seems when ones is doing good the other is doing not so good. It just equalizes everything.

I am still not sure how I feel about NBC/TNT coverage of NASCAR yet. They have only had one race under their belt and it was delayed by 2 hours.

Only 4 months from today until Texas! I will be there watching all the excitement of the weekend...TRUCKS, BUSCH, CUP...OH MY! I am so excited!!!! This will be my first race weekend. I have been told by others who follow NASCAR, once you attend your first race, you will want to go to others. I have no doubt about that fact.

Good Luck on Sunday boys!!!


footer2.JPG