Sep 7, 2005
the final race
For weeks those who follow NASCAR religiously have wondered whether Jeff Gordon will make the chase or not. After last week's race I'm not so sure. His crew cannot for some reason dial in his car to be competitive. I don't know if it is because of the impound rule or what. Jeff has struggled for the past several months. He was in the top ten last week, but fell out when he could make a decent run of things in California. If his crew doesn't step up this week and give Jeff the kind of car he needs to contend, Mr. Hendrick may want to assess the usefulness of the crew chief and its crew. I would like Matt Kensent to make the chase even if it means Jeff won't.

Kenseth was pretty much written off for making the chase, but he has come on strong of late and has poisition himself in for contention. All the Roushketeers are in the top ten so if I was a bettin' woman, I would think Roush will have the best shot at a third championship. I am beginning to like Carl Edwars. He is always positive about everything. I know he is still learning, but he is doing that very quickly. He will be a force in the cup series.

Richmond will be a shoot out for the last spot in the Chase--I believe it will come down to three drivers--Newman, McMurray, and Gordon. Everyone who reads this blog knows who I am rooting for. You can bet I will be watching Saturday night's race.

Good Luck boys!!!!


footer2.JPG