Apr 29, 2006
Career Change
For those who know me--you know I work at a 4-year university. I have worked there for the past 7 years--that's right 7 years. I like working at a university--it is never a dull moment--and Ms. H. knows what I am talking about..he he. But I have become so jaded and burnt out.

I was once a long time ago a teacher. I taught at an elementary school near the Houston vicinty. I really liked teaching, but my situation was disasterous. I didn't receive the kind of support a beginning teacher should receive and I subsequently left midway through my second year. I was going through some personal matters that didn't allow me to concentrate fully on educating. I was so upset by all of this I never wanted to step back into a classroom again. But now, after having seen what I have seen at the university, I feel my place my be back in the classroom.

I am scared because I haven't been in front of a classroom since 1996. Do I still have what it takes to be a teacher? Ms. H. seems to think I do and if she believes in me why not? If I do head back to the classroom, I want to go under my terms and in an area I really enjoy and want others to learn. I have found my little niche in the areas of technology. I am beginning my certification classes this summer and will have them by next spring (2007).

Ms. H. if you are reading this what do you think?


footer2.JPG