Apr 27, 2006
Hubby's Birthday
Today is my hubby's birthday! Unfortunately he doesn't have the day...ah--he has to work on his birthday...I have always take my birthday off. It's a tradition.

Well, here is his birthday cake. It took 2 days, 2 boxes of confectioner's sugar, 2/3 cup of Crisco, 1/2 cup of water, 2 tsps of vanilla, a strawberry cake mix, oreos, and lots of patience.

I hate to work with black icing. So I decided in my infinite wisdom to find an alternative--crushed oreos. Apprently crushed oreos have a mind of their own. I had oreos everywhere. But it worked for the checkered flag and tires of the cake. Of course last night after finishing the cake, I realized I could have used one side of the oreo as the tires instead of the crushed version. By the way icing doesn't stick very well to crushed oreos.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Some of the little details I wasn't able to put in due to the fact that I was tired and was sick of icing. But all in all I think I did a pretty good job.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I really wanted to put a little more detail into the car like the stickers, etc, but when it is 10:30 at night and you have worked a full day at the J-O-B, you want to go to bed and get some sleep, but next time I will do the little details, but here are the ones I am most proud of. If you notice the Triple A logo---all free hand! and the same goes for the "6" I found it a little easier than doing a transfer.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I have to say this was the most detailed cake I have done to date. Most of this was done from a picture off of Mark Martin's website.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLES!!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


footer2.JPG