Apr 21, 2006
Saturday is Alright for Racing
Ugh---I sometimes really hate it when they have night races. It throws off my usually routine when it comes to NASCAR. I usually start off with things on Fridays, but last night they had qualifying for the Cup Race. UGH--and I missed it! Tony qualified 3rd behind Biffle (2nd) and little Shurb (Busch) who won the pole.

This race will be on Saturday night. I really like watching Saturday night races because it always reminds me of the nights I spent at the dirt track in Amarillo as a young girl. My father was one of the pit guys for his buddy who raced modfieds. It was really cool. I spent many a Saturday night with the other "kids" running around the bleachers. I remember buying buttons of my favorite drivers including those who drove the late models and VW. I wore them proudly just as I wear my favorite drivers t-shirts today. Even back then I had that one driver I didn't like--Commander Cody just like today I don't like Jimmie or Kurt. I was able to go down in the pits after the races and meet all the drivers and get their autographs. It was really cool when they had the demomalition derbies. I wanted so much to get a beat up car and crash into other cars. I think that is why I am sooooo into NASCAR. It brings back all those wonderful memories I had back in the day.

But the downside to this night racing...no racing on Sunday. Once again I will spend my Sunday surfing the tv channels looking for something to watch. Hopefully the movie selection will be better than last Sunday. I may just have to start that spring cleaning...maybe...I will have to think about it.

By the way--here is the top ten qualifyers for the Subway Fresh 500.
1. Kyle Busch
2. Greg Biffle
3. Tony Stewart
4. Matt Kenseth
5. Carl Edwards
6. Denny Hamlin
7. Kurt Busch
8. Clint Bowyer
9. Martin Truez Jr.
10. Jimmie Johnson

Other notables' qualifying spots:
11. Dale Jr.
15. Kevin Harvick
18. Mark Martin
19. Jeff Gordon
20. Elliot Sadler
22. Kasey Kahne

Good Luck in the Desert Boys!


footer2.JPG