May 13, 2006
Darlington: Busch Report
Congratulations to Denny Hamlin (fellow JGR teammate of Tony Stewart) for winning last night from the pole. This is Denny's second win this year in Busch. He caputred victory in Mexico on their road course.

Kevin H. padded his points lead by finishing 7th after going to the back for an engine change. Unfortunately Kevin's #33 didn't fair as well. At lap 131 was involved in a wreck which knocked him out of his top ten run. Stewart finished 29th. I am hoping this isn't going to be the case tonight during the Cup race.

There were a few moments that made me chuckle.One was when two of the Sauter brothers got into one another again. They got into each other last week at Richmond. Ya gotta love sibling rivalry! And the second time, when DW and Larry Mac were curious to see what was under Mark Martin's car near the end of the race. They actually crouched down like they were looking underneath the car. At first I thought they were kidding, but the more they talked about the more they cracked themselves up. I have to admit, I sort of did the same thing sitting at home.

I don't mind race commentators, but there are times when I just want them to shut up and let us fans watch the race as it unfolds. UGH!!


footer2.JPG