Jun 9, 2006
6.9.2001
Happy Anniversary Postman!

Postman and I have been married five years today. I still can't believe it's been five years already. I guess time flies when you are having fun. That's exactly what's it been, FUN! When you find your best friend everything around you just falls into place.

Not only will I remember 2001 as the year we were married, but it is the same year the NASCAR family lost Dale Sr. and we lost Americans on 9.11.2001. We went to Vegas for our honeymoon and stayed at the Sahara. For those who haven't been to Vegas, the Sahara is home to NASCAR Cafe. They have lots of memorabilia hanging from the ceiling, walls, etc. They have several showcases too. During our visit, they had on display one of Dale Sr's cars. It was surrounded by cards, letters, photos, and flowers. It was breathtaking to see how many people paid tribute to the #3. I was touched by their love and devotion. This was probably when I got bitten by the NASCAR bug.

Postman and I made another trip to Vegas a couple of years ago and once again stayed at the Sahara. This time I took more pics. One of those was of Tony Stewart's Winston Cup Trophy. Maybe this time we go back this August they will have his Nextel Cup. How cool would that be? We also visited the MM Store. If you haven't been I suggest you go...if you are an Elliott Sadler fan..go directly to the 3rd floor. You can see a full size Elliott car. I will definitely be stocking up on my Sadler stuff.

Ok...back to the real reason for this post...to say Happy Anniversary to Postman...here's looking forward to many more years. I love you!


footer2.JPG