Jun 19, 2006
Michigan
Go fast...turn left...don't crash!


As I sip coffee out of my NEW Tony Stewart coffee travel mug, let's take a look at this weeks races.

Truck Report
Congratulations to Johnny Benson!
I turned over to watch the race Saturday, but couldn't stay there for more than 5-10 minutes. It wasn't because it wasn't exciting to watch the trucks. They have some of the best racing out there. It was because of the WALTRIP factor. That's right--two WALTRIPS in the booth. Both Mikey and DW were in the booth--UGH! It usually doesn't bother me when there is one, but two...GOOD GRIEF! It was like nails on a chalkboard. I did manage to overlook the WALTRIP factor and watch a good chuck of the race.

Busch Report
I didn't catch this race at all. I was out celebrating with friends my birthday (yes it was Thursday, but partying is so much better when you don't have to get up the next day to go to work)

Congratulaions to David Gilliland! David who? David Gilliland. He is a non-sponsored, non-Cup affiliated, Busch regular rookie...that's who. Way to Go!

Cup Report
I have to be honest here. I dozed on and off during the race. I think it was all the rain delays that kept me from being interested in this race.

When the boys did get to racing...it was good. Tony was looking great--of course when does he not. I thought for a moment it was going to be the HMS show--I mean Jeff, Jimmie, & Brian all qualified in the top 5 and were doing pretty good at the beginning.

For me the race was over at Lap 22. Jeff Green clipped Tony which sent him spinning into the wall. OUCH! Apparently the crash did not bother Tony's shoulder because he was underneath the car with the sledge hammer banging out the fender/bumper or anything else that needing banging. This dropped him from 4th to 6th!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The race was called at Lap 129 and Kasey Kahne was declared the winner.

Congratulations to Kasey Kahne! That makes it 4 wins this year!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Other Notables
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
4. Greg Biffle
10. Kevin Harvick
13. Matt Kenseth
22. Elliott Sadler
41. Tony Stewart

Next Week--Road Racing at Sonoma.


footer2.JPG