Aug 20, 2006
Vegas 2006-NASCAR
I made a visit to NASCAR cafe as I always do when I am in Vegas. The food is pretty decent and usually the service is fair, but this time the service sucked. However, I was able to get a nice cold Coke. For some odd reason you can't get Coke in most of the restaurants in Vegas. I HATE PEPSI! But as we all know Coke is the "Official Drink of NASCAR", thus it was served at the NASCAR cafe. I didn't take too many pictures since I had already several of them from previous visits, but here are the ones I took while I was there.

First up--pics of Tony's Car. This was an old one because it had a Winston Cup Series sticker on it. However, I really enjoyed the front of the car
.

They also have Dale Sr's car inside the gift shop. I met a fellow NASCAR and Dale Sr. fan. He didn't have his camera with him. He asked if I could take his picture for him and of course anything for a fellow fan. There was also a Dale Jr car hanging from the ceiling. These are for you Tiredawg. (Sorry I couldn't Dale Sr's car full size..they have it up on a ramp. There are racks of merchandise surrounding it so it is difficult to get a complete picture.)




I made a visit to Madame Trousseau's (located at the Venetian) the same day I went to NASCAR cafe. Most of the figures were pretty life like. It was strange. There was an area for NASCAR fans. They were showing a video of cars driving around a track. You could move the cars with just the movement of your hands on the wall. My friend Mr. Offiicer and I decided to try it out. We kind of look like we are explaining what happened during a race. Of course, our race coverage is commerical free!
Next to the screen was of course a wax figure of the man himself...Dale Earnhardt Sr. Once again this one is for Tiredawg. It's hard to tell, but it really did look like Dale. They did an awesome job! It was as if I was standing next to The Man.

I did manage to make it down to M&M World to see what kind of Elliot Sadler items I could purchase. I knew Elliott was no longer driving for M&M, but there were a couple of things I wanted to get. I only purchased a t-shirt however. Everything was still full price. You would have thought things would have been marked at a reduced price. Well, the shirt I purchased was half off, but I think it was because it was a 2005 shirt. Elliott's Pirates of the Carribbean Car was on display. I was glad it was the Pirate car since I already had pictures of Elliott's "normal" yellow car. These are for you Esad fans!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I had mentioned earlier that I was going to take a tour of Las Vegas Motor Speedway. However, they were still "under construction". We would have only been able to view the infiled from one of the suites, we decided not to take the tour. I was a little disappointed. But I did purchase a few NASCAR souvenirs for myself and Postman.

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed my little NASCAR tour of Vegas. I will have other posts later on in the week.


footer2.JPG