Dec 29, 2006
FREAKIN' UNBELIEVABLE
I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own blue eyes.

I sat down tonight to watch my Red Raiders take on the Minnesota Golden Gophers in the Insight Bowl out in Mesa, Arizona.

The first half was all Minnesota. I thought here we go just like in the 1995 Cotton Bowl. I mean Minnesota has the same colors as USC. For those who don't remember, TTU got their assess handed to them back in 1995 by the USC Trojans. I thought here we go again. Minnesota lead the Red Raiders 35-7 at halftime. I had already started flipping channels between the game and the movie Superman.

Minnesota lead 38-14 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Then something changed with my Red Raiders. It was as if a light switch at been turned on. The Tech defense definitely stepped it up in the 4th quarter. Tech kept chipping away at the score. The next thing we know Tech is within 10 points with 7:49 left in the 4th. Then they were within 3 points with 2:39 in the 4th. The Tech defense once again stepped up and forced the Gophers to punt the football. With a couple of seconds left in the 4th quarter, Alex Trlica kicked a 52 yard field goal to tie the ball game and send it into overtime.

The Red Raiders won the toss and elected to play defense first. This would allow the Red Raiders to see what they needed to win the game. Defense again came up big and held Minnesota to a field goal. Now it was the Red Raiders turn. And as I said at the beginning I wouldn't have believed if I hadn't seen it...MY RED RAIDERS SCORED A TOUCHDOWN AND WON THE GAME 44-41!!!!

This was the biggest comeback in a bowl game in NCAA history (31 point deficit)!!!!

I am still in shock. My Red Raiders never gave up in this game. I have seen them give up in a game like this. But they played with everything they had tonight.

CONGRATULATIONS RED RAIDERS!!!!!!


footer2.JPG