Jan 9, 2007
It Begins!
Trixie radioed...

That's right folks yesterday was the first day of testing at Daytona. That means the 500 is just around turn 4.

History was made yesterday when Dave Blaney drove his #22 Toyota out on the track at Daytona. He may have had a fast time, but wait until that Toyota is surrounded by 42 other cars. That will be the true test of the Toyota Camry.

I was listening to Sirius yesterday and got a chance to hear Elliot Sadler. He sounds very optimistic for this year. I did see signs of good things to come towards the end of last year. Since this will be his first full year in the #19 I am hoping he has some good runs this year and can make the Chase.

Dale Jr. sure has the Earnhardt nation and others in the media talking. I don't keep close tabs on Dale Jr. as much as I do Tony. This is my opinion, but I think Dale Jr. needs to race for someone other than DEI. I think there is too much that is put on him because of who he is. I am not saying he couldn't win a championship for DEI--I just think it's too much pressure for him. I think if there is someone who is not related to him telling him what needs to be done to get to that level where he wants and should be, he would have that championship. There's a reason I don't work with my husband and my family members. It will be interesting to see where Dale Jr. will be at the end of the season and if he stays with DEI.

Then of course people are also talking about how the COT will affect things this year as well as the tweaking of the points system. I for one am holding my opinion until I see how it all plays out.

Have a good one...


footer2.JPG