Feb 27, 2007
Tuesday
Coming out of Turn 4...

It's Tuesday. That's the day after Monday and one day closer to the weekend. It's just been one of those days where you just want to do absolutely nothing. Tuesdays for me are not real exciting. It's only positive attribute...it's not Monday. New DVDs and CDs usually come out on Tuesdays. I guess that's something. There are only a couple of tv shows that I like that come on Tuesdays. I can take them or leave. I don't have to TIVO them so I can watch them later. I usually catch up on them during the summer rerun season. So my life wouldn't be over if I missed them. Not many holidays fall on Tuesday except the occasional Christmas or New's Years Day. Most everyone hates Mondays, Wednesday is Hump Day, Thursday is one day before Friday, and well Friday promotes itself. But what about Tuesday? Well, since Tuesday seems to get the shaft...I decided to do some research and here is what I found out. (All information, including notes and picture can be found at Wikipedia) (Note on the picture at the left...this is god Tyr, after whom Tuesday is named.)

Tidbits
*In the Greek World, Tuesday (the day of the week of the Fall of Constantinople) is considered an unlucky day.
*In the Spanish-speaking world, Tuesday is also considered unlucky.
*For both Greeks and Spanish-speakers, the 13th of the month is considered unlucky if it falls on Tuesday, instead of Friday.
*Tuesday is the usual day for election in the United States.
*In business, particularly office work, studies have shown that Tuesday is usually the most productive day of the week. (Not the case for me today).
*Contradicting other nations, Tuesday is a day of good luck and prosperity in the US. It is a day for progress and to complete unfinished work.

Named Days
*Black Tuesday refers to October 29, 1929, part of the great Stock Market Crash of 1929. *Shrove Tuesday (aka "Fat Tuesday") precedes the first day of Lent in the Western Christina calendar *Super Tuesday is the day many American states hold their presidential primary elections *Two-For-One Tuesdays--When Subway usually runs this promotion, you can get a 6 inch sub and the next one for free with the purchase of drink. (Not taken from Wikipedia, but still important).


footer2.JPG