Jun 11, 2007
Pocono
Rain delay...then racing...then more rain...then no more racing. Part of me is glad that I was out shopping enjoying my vacation. I am not a fan of Pocono, but I hate it when Mother Nature takes over a race. Well...I guess congrats are in order for Jeff Gordon. Well, his crew made a gutsy call on pit road and there you have it.

I don't have much to say except I hate humidity and one of the stores where I could purchase more items for my NASCAR collection is no more. I am not happy. I guess I will have to find some other store to feed my addiction.

I see that Kurt B. was fined and docked quite a bit of points. I can understand why he was not parked for the Pocono race. NASCAR parked him last week and he only garnered some points for his finish last week. I just don't know. I still think he should have sat out another race. Tony Eury gets suspended for "modifying" Jr's car and he gets a 6 race suspension, but Kurt uses his car to almost take out another driver's crew member and gets no race suspension. I don't understand it. Both actions are detrimental to stock racing, with one difference...someone could have been seriously injured in Kurt's case. That's unexcusable in my book. But I guess that's why I don't work for NASCAR. Plus the 100,000 fine he received is put back into the point fund so eventually he would probably get his money back. Am I correct on that? I think fine money should be given to the NASCAR foundation instead of back in the pockets of those who committed rules infractions. That's just all messed up in my opinion.

This is just one race fan's opinion.

Have a great week!


footer2.JPG