Jul 30, 2007
Smoke
That's two Brickyards in 3 years for Mr. Tony Stewart. I really wanted Tony and Kevin to race for the win, but this is the Brickyard and well...sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do. You knew something was going to occur when Tony says..."here, kitty, kitty..." on his radio. But rubbin' is racin'. Plus that makes two victories for Tony. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I guess I have to wear that Brickyard shirt again next week. I wore it when he won in Chicago and I had it on yesterday.

I have been out of touch the last week or so. I was taking care of my mother after her surgery. The only highlight of sitting in a hospital room for hours upon hours was the fact there was CABLE TV and FREE INTERNET.

DEI/Ginn Merger--Sounds like the real estate guy Ginn bought a depressed property, fixed it up and then flipped it for a better price. I also see someone who realized that he had jumped into the deep end without a life preserver and life guard. It was weird to see Mark Martin now racing for DEI. I think DEI will benefit in the end, however.

Kyle Busch--who will will the lottery and sign this guy as their newest member? Only Kyle knows this answer and I am sure once he makes his decision we will all know. If I was a team owner looking to improve my team...I would do everything I could to get him signed. This boy can drive the wheels off his car. Sure, he needs to chill out a little, but he is STILL 22 years old. He is growing on me though.

Dale Jr.--Looked like he had a decent shot yesterday to challenge Tony, but once again he had car issues. I am the first to admit I have never been a huge fan of Jr. Can he drive? Sure. Will he reach the level his father achieved? No. And in this day and age I don't know if anyone will. I do feel Tony Eury should stay at DEI. I just don't think he is one of the best crew chiefs out there. I just think Jr. should make a complete break from DEI. Drive under a different number/new crew chief/new sponsor. Sometimes the hardest thing you have to do is let go of what you know and set your sights on what you don't know. I probably have upset some in the Earnhardt nation, but I just call them as I see them. It's only my opinion.

Well...on to Pocono again. Why is it that we go here twice a year? Isn't one snooze fest from this racetrack enough? And while I am on this subject, why does California have two dates? I say eliminate one of the Pocono races, give Kentucky one, and bring back the Southern 500. I have said this before...do you really think majority of those movie stars watch NASCAR? Please...Jessica Alba didn't even know who was driving the #19 car whose paint scheme was promoting her stupid movie.

One final note...how cool would it be to have a "throw back" paint scheme day at one of the race weekends. How 'bout next year at the 50th anniversary of Daytona 500? That would be awesome. How many of us would run out and buy the cars? I smell a money maker!!!!


footer2.JPG