Aug 13, 2007
At the Glen
I have to admit I didn't watch the first part of the race. I am battling some kind of cold that I can't shake so I slept quite a bit yesterday. I did briefly wake up to hear that Tony spun out and lost the lead. I am glad that was able to see the last 40 laps. This is the first time I actually enjoyed watching a road race.

Title Fight: Harvick vs Montoya
In one corner you have an "rookie" to NASCAR trying to make a name for himself in the sport. In the other corner, you have well..Kevin Harvick. If you follow NASCAR at all, Kevin has a little temper. He isn't afraid to say what is on his mind and tell it like it is. This came to a head yesterday at the Glen. Montoya bumped from bheind by Truex, then spun into Harvick, who then spun out. Montoya's car rolled back onto the track and WHAM...they goes Jeff Burton. Kevin not knowing what happened behind him, parked his car in front of MOntoya to prevent him from returning to the track. Kevin's out of his car as well as Montoya. They proceeded to have a "meet and greet" righ there in Turn 1 for all the grandstands to see. It was quite exciting. Reminded me of old school NASCAR...drivers taking care of business.


DOH!

When it came down to the last few laps of the race, I was pretty comfortable with the idea that Tony was going to finish 2nd. Tony had a good car, but I don't know if he could have caught and passed Jeff. But as well all know, sometimes drivers of a DOH moment. And that's what happened to Jeff yesterday. At the time of the spin, all I knew was Jeff spun and Tony had the lead. I hate to say it, but I thought...oh my god...Tony's spun out Jeff, but alas..Jeff took care of it all by himself.

Smoke
Yesterday's win gave Tony 3 wins out of the last 4 races. WOO HOO!!!! I think Postman is going to hide my two Brickyard shirts. This is the third time I have wore one of Brickyard shirts and well...Tony won. Last week...no Brickyard shirt. Coincidence? I think not. Guess I will have to wear my Brickyard shirts from here on out. In honor of Tony's victory yesterday, here's one of my favorite pics of Tony. Yum....


Labels:



footer2.JPG