Aug 7, 2007
The News and All That It Is
Congratulations to Kurt Busch for just dominating the field on Sunday at Pocono. Kurt lead 175 out of 200 laps. And with that victory, Postman won some money in a NASCAR pool at our ONMC viewing party. WOO HOO!!! I think it was ironic that I drew Kevin Harvick.

Tony had a strong 6th place finish. Way to go Smoke!

I have to give props to the #8 team for battling all day and finishing 2nd. Unfortunately it dropped Jr. to 13th, but there are still a few races before the chase starts.

Robby Gordon--Fight the Power! Should he have done a burn out while Kevin was doing his? Absolutely not. You were showing up NASCAR and they don't take too kindly to that. Do you have a legitimate beef? Absolutely. Fight the Power as I say...Fight the Power!

Welcome aboard Kyle! I was visiting with some NASCAR aficionados the other day and I told them you would end up at JGR. I also think Biffle will not be Roush next year. I haven't heard anything, but call it a feeling I have. Where will Yeley be next year? I am not sure, but some team will pick him up.

Postman and I attended our local OMNC chapter's NASCAR viewing party on Sunday. This group is vary eclectic. We have lots of members who root for various drivers. But here's the cool thing...we can all sit in one room and cheer on our drivers without tearing each other up. That's right folks...this Tony Stewart fan can sit along side a Jimmie fan and get along. We teased each other about our drivers, but it was all in the name of sportsmanship. It is out of mutual respect I believe. I didn't get that when I attended a football game at a rival stadium. It is sometimes hard sitting in the stands when you are the rival. But in NASCAR there really isn't a home stadium. Drivers may have home tracks close to the home towns, but it's not like when a football team has a home game. It was just an observation...and I think it's pretty cool.

Non-NASCAR stuff

I wish this whole Barry Bonds thing was over already. I will admit I am not a Barry Bonds fan, but this is a milestone you will achieve and congratulations.

Football season is now upon us once again and that means Postman has kicked into high gear with his fantasy football. Maybe he will have better luck this year. He did pick up Terrell Owens for his team.

There are times I wish I could just walk up to someone and tell them what I think of them. But in this case I have to be careful. I work with this person. I feel I have been...well SCREWED. That's the only way to put it. I shouldn't let this stuff get to me, but sometimes you just gotta say ENOUGH. I guess I should take the advice I gave Robby Gordon huh? FIGHT THE POWER!!!!


That's the advice I have for everyone this week...FIGHT THE POWER!!!!

Labels:



footer2.JPG